Since 2006 HTM has been using RandstadRail lightrail trams (type Citadis).
This RandstadRail connects the centres of The Hague, Rotterdam and Zoetermeer with various railway connections from different public transport companies. HTM’s RandstadRail runs quickly and easily from The Hague to Zoetermeer. The RandstadRail operated by RET (Metro Line E) takes passengers quickly from The Hague (Den Haag Centraal station) to Rotterdam.
The RandstadRail tram is a modern one with a floor on street level, which allow easy access for the disabled and passengers with strollers. It is even possible to take a bicycle (free of charge) after 19:00 hours on working days and during weekends.
The driver of a RandstadRail tram is situated in an enclosed drivers cab, which means that they can concentrate fully on driving safely and on time. All trams are equipped with ticket vending machines.
The RandstadRail tram runs on tram lines 3 and 4 and alternately with the new urban tram on tram lines 2 and 19, which means comfortable travel between Zoetermeer and The Hague and between Leidschendam and Delft.
All HTM RandstadRail trams have:
- A wide street level entrance
- Bench seats facing in 2 directions
- 5 wide entrance doors (at the same level with the stops)
- 2 places for wheelchairs, rollators and/or bicycles
- Ticket vending machines
- If you are travelling in a wheelchair or a mobility scooter, read the information about travelling with a disability.